Thursday, May 14, 2015

Antelope Canyon

What an adventure.        I have wanted to go to Antelope Canyon for some time and finally had the opportunity.      This picture took a first place prize at camera club this week.      It is definitely my favorite shot.





I signed up for a photography tour so I would have a longer tour.      I used Adventurous Antelope Canyon Tours.      The extra charge for the photography tour was well worth it.    Our guide was very knowledgeable about cameras and would make suggestions that were very helpful.     For example, he had me put my wide angle lens on my good camera and told me to basically shoot only with it.    





He also would clear the area of other visitors for a few minutes at special spots so that we could get shots without people.     This was a coordinated effort with the guides from the various companies offering tours.    You are not allowed to enter without a guide.      If you have an opportunity to visit, you want the tour that departs at 11 - 11:30 a.m.      The light beams are only directly overhead around noon.




The colors are amazing, although you notice the variances more in the photos than in real life.   I could have spent several hours shooting.     You can stand in one spot and find dozens of different shots.     Sometimes I just stood there and admired it.




I  hope you enjoyed this brief tour of Antelope Canyon.




2 comments:

  1. Wow. I know that doesn't even begin to express my awe at these photos. I'd have been shocked if you hadn't taken a first for that at camera club! I just added your info to my Arizona file for when we are back out that direction - this is a must do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I know that doesn't even begin to express my awe at these photos. I'd have been shocked if you hadn't taken a first for that at camera club! I just added your info to my Arizona file for when we are back out that direction - this is a must do.

    ReplyDelete