Monday, September 22, 2014

I Did It

Next up, Carrick-a-rede swinging bridge, as promised.    The view walking to the bridge was beautiful.









Once you have crossed the bridge, you are on a small island high up over the ocean with a view directly to Scotland (on a totally clear day).











Traditionally fishermen erected the bridge to the island  to check their salmon nets.    It originally consisted of a single rope hand rail, but has been replaced by two rope hand rails for visitors safety.     


















This I would return to in a heartbeat.    The beauty looking down whilst walking across the rope bridge was incredible.    I made sure I was last of the group going back so that I could stop and really take it in.   



1 comment:

  1. That is so incredibly beautiful! I'm amazed at your ability to walk on a swinging bridge...I have trouble with those! You are quite the traveler, girl. I love the photos you post and can't wait to see Scotland. Too bad you didn't get there in time to cast your vote.

    ReplyDelete