Friday, October 17, 2014

Loch Ness Announcement


These Passion Flowers were growing in the parking area for the Bluebell House B&B.    I always had a pot of these on my "old" deck.      They grow profusely here.







 We are off to Loch Ness.    We drove around the entire Loch and thoroughly enjoyed it.





I know I could pay for our entire trip by publishing this photo of the Loch Ness Monster, but I chose to share it with my close friends first











I know phone booths are rare, but someone decided to make this one extra special.












The Caledonian Canal was started in 1803 and extends a total of 60 miles.     The section that we saw consisted of five levels of locks that are manually operated.     This section was constructed in 1822.    There are many lochs  (lakes) on the 60 mile stretch with canals/locks between them.



Finally, I got one of these long haired cows to look at me



This river and waterfall was a fun hike
















Okay, if I stand up and look straight at you, will you pleeeeeze leave me alone




The Urquhart Castle.     Truthfully, I didn't see the sign to not stand on the fence line until well after I got down.....      So glad I got my picture before knowing I had done something bad !



Traveling around Loch Ness was a fun day.     A variety of things to see and explore.






2 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely photos of a beautiful area. I especially loved the cows (of course) and loved their hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely lovely photos of a beautiful area. I especially loved the cows (of course) and loved their hairstyles.

    ReplyDelete