Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Spring Mountains Drive


The Spring Mountains National Recreation Area is just a half hour from our rental condo in Las Vegas.      Just before this area we explored Mt. Charleston with it's ski lifts and a few residential areas as well as the Nuwuvi Seven Stones and the Cold War Memorials.






Between the desert and the mountains, we have spring blooms for several months.





The Joshua Trees are done blooming, but are still beautiful to see.



I never tire of these cactus blooms.     I'm always looking for the most prolific bloomers.









What's your favorite color of desert bloom?




3 comments:

  1. I love the desert blooms and will make a point to stay in Arizona next year long enough to see them. No more coming back this early to Wisconsin! I'm wearing my jeans with a blanket wrapped over my legs, a turtleneck, a long sleeved shirt and Pete's heavy red Wisconsin Badgers sweatshirt...and I'm still cold. It's 41 outside and 66 inside with the furnace on...at least at his level of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went through some of this area last year...beautiful drive. The flora is blooming so late there this year/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any bloom is a welcomed and appreciate sight in the desert areas with all those browns!

    ReplyDelete