Saturday, January 24, 2015

A Day of Eating


We had read about a breakfast spot in Boulder City and decided it would be a good start to the day.      Guy Fieri  from Diners, Drive Ins & Dives liked this place and the food editor of the Las Vegas paper loved it, so off we went to experience their specialty,  Pork Chili Verde Omelet.

The Coffee Cup Café décor starts before you get to the front door.    Definitely eclectic in this town full of antique shops.    

 

The interior leaned more towards water skiing.     The ceiling had dozens of old skis hanging.     There were also the popular license plates from everywhere on the walls.   (how do they keep all this stuff dusted?)      Now, on to the food.   

 


 This is definitely big enough for two (which we will do next time).    Yes, there will be a next time.     I’m not sure it lives up to the hype, but it was delicious.     The pork was in bite size pieces and very tender, much like a pulled pork.     Seasoning was spot on.

A twenty minute drive later, we are in Henderson.      Today was my first real gambling time since we arrived.     Okay, I was pretty rusty (translation: I lost).    The goal, however, was to spend several hours here so that we could have dinner at my favorite restaurant in Henderson, The Tides.      

 

Their Seafood Etouffee is something I long for the other nine months of the year.     Fortunately, RJ also loves it and we are able to split an order.     Yes, the picture above is just half of the order.     They are happy to split it for you at no extra plating charge.      I prefer sitting at the counter so that I can watch them shucking oysters and preparing the meals in the center kitchen.      A wonderful ending to a delicious food day!

 


3 comments:

  1. Yum. I have memories of the Seafood Etoufee with you. I can understand why you crave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made me hungry! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just made me hungry! Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete