Sunday, August 24, 2014

Where Shall We Go


Planning a three month adventure – who knew it could become a full time job.     RJ is busy with the nitty gritty (insurances, change of address, credit cards with the new chip, etc).    Remember that file cabinet full of paper – he visits it a lot!       I have the assignment of making this first trip a reality.     Where shall we visit?     In what order?     I know I need to see our young grandchildren in the U.K. at the beginning and end of the trip, but other than that we can go anywhere.     RJ requested extended time in Ireland and Scotland.     That gives us a good start.    

I also know I don’t want hotel after hotel.     We have the time, let’s get to know the people and how they live.       I checked out HomeAway, VRBO and AirBnB, among others.     AirBnB seems to fit our needs best.    I quickly made the executive decision that if we were in one spot for more than two nights we would get a local apartment.      On the other nights, we needed a room with a private bathroom and all places must have wifi.     Also, no more than one flight of stairs without a lift.     (in some places that was a real challenge)

A week from today we will be in the Minneapolis airport waiting for our flight.       I hope you enjoy hearing about our travels.      I will post pictures as we go, but first I have to figure out how to do that.   If I can learn how to book a room in the home of a lady in rural northern Scotland who rehabs and works with birds of prey, learn to book trains and ferries in eight different countries and figure out to live for three months out of a 20” suitcase, I can certainly figure out how to add pictures to this blog.


To find out if I succeed, see my post later this week with pictures (I hope) of my big adventure 18 months ago…….

1 comment:

  1. Adding photos is no problem. The first thing you want to do is get rid of the verification thing so we don't have to type in the text or numbers to prove we're not robots. This is in the settings area. When in that area you can also add a widget to be able to follow. When you go on my blog to do this (hint hint) you'll see how it appears after adding it. Good luck and I will follow your adventures with baited breath!

    ReplyDelete