Friday, May 18, 2018

Polo at The Villages .........

Yes, we have our very own Polo fields ................






The matches are fun to watch, but it moves so fast you miss some of the "smaller" details.     I brought my camera and a long lens.     I caught this moment where a mallet struck a nearby horse.








This is one of my favorite photos.     It's rare to catch a horse and rider alone in the picture.     Add the fact that the ball is right there and you have a good shot.    Then I realized all four legs were off the ground.    Let's elevate that to a great catch!





These horses are  highly trained and get quite a workout.     Riders have several horses at the end of the field and will change frequently,     No time outs, they just ride off, jump on the new horse and continue playing.

You can see the clubhouse and table areas in this photo.    What I didn't get is the other side of the field where we were - it is lined totally with golf carts who are set up for tailgating.     So much fun!






Mid-way through the day's games, we do the traditional "stomping of the divots".     My good friend, Cheryl, was visiting so I caught her doing her stomping!






You can see the horse trailers, trainers and extra horses at the end of the field.    There is also a horse ambulance off to the side.   Fortunately, it was a long lens so I didn't have to duck as that ball came forward!







 Life in The Villages is one fun adventure after another!








No comments:

Post a Comment